A Certified Maine Home Inspector
Maine does NOT have any requirements to be a home inspector. There are no tests. There are no prerequisites. Heck, your mom, dad, or even your kids qualify to be a home inspector! The question is – would you hire them? Probably not. You want someone with expertise. Someone who has experience and someone certified with proper training. After all, the purchase you are making is a large one.
- Maine’s Independent Home Inspector. I do not solicit real estate agents and work ONLY for you!
- I am a Board Certified Master Inspector®, have completed more than 1,000 inspections in addition to many hours of continuing education, abide by the Master Inspector Certification Board’s strict Code of Ethics, abide by a Board approved Standards of Practice, and have passed a criminal background check.
- Certified through the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI)
- Certified through the American Home Inspectors Training Institute (AHIT) – Masters Course
- Certified Mold Inspector (CMI) through Environmental Solutions Association (ESA)
- Certified Allergen Inspector (CAI) through Environmental Solutions Association (ESA)
- Certified through the International Association of Certified Indoor Air Consultants
- Certified well sampler
- Certified in above ground oil tank testing through Boston Environmental
- Certified Building Science Thermographer
- Registered in Maine to provide Radon Air and Water Analysis – Maine registration #PSM19701
- Maine’s ORIGINAL member of the Independent Home Inspectors of North America (IHINA)
- Member and past Vice President in good standing of the Maine Colalition of Professional Home Inspectors (MeCHIPs)
- Past President of the Maine State Chapter of the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors
- Over 26 years of experience in the home inspection and real estate industries
- All inspections meet or EXCEED the Standards of Practice of The National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI)
- All inspections meet or EXCEED the Standards of Practice of The American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI)
- All inspections meet or EXCEED the Standards of Practice of The Independent Home Inspectors of North America (IHINA)
- All inspections utilize only high-tech, state-of-the-art equipment
- High quality, in-depth narrative reports that are easy to read and understand, including illustrations and photos
- I fulfill at least 28 hours of continuing education each year.
- Every property is inspected as if I were buying it myself. No quick walk-through or skimpy onsite report.
- I provide a money back guarantee.
- I work only for you, providing unbiased reports.
- I am NOT part of a franchise. I own and operate the business and you will receive my personal attention. No multiple inspectors. No hassle. You deal only with me and I guarantee results!
- Consultation services provided free of charge for as long as you own the property.
- Provide a repeat customer discount.
- Provide you with negotiating power if defects are found.
- I encourage your participation during the inspection so you can ask questions and get answers on the spot.
- Provide you with peace of mind.
- Other services available include radon air testing, pest, mold, lead paint, asbestos and septic inspections, well analysis, well flow, safety checks, new construction inspections, specific item inspections, draw inspectiions, warranty inspections
Compare my qualification and the benefits I provide to any other professional home inspector. I think you’ll agree that my services are second to none.